View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 02:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
What you are feeling is a car with sticky tires and a relatively soft suspension. The car leans and rolls into the corners because the suspension isnt stiff enough to counter the load. That lean makes you feel like you are building higher g-forces when you aren't.

You also can't just throw a stiff spring in there with the stock dampeners because they arent designed to work with it. The car will become uncomfortable to drive and very skittish and nervous over bumps.

Depending on what you do with the car...you can opt to get a full coilover system...If you are looking for something comfortable and good, get the KW V3's.

Will do and glad you searched for your answer.
Yeah, KW V3's are what I was thinking.

Then I saw the price, and figure that's a "later" item. Exhaust is next...originally exhaust was first, but then Stillen had a sale and I snatched the G3 intake

As for aftermarket adjustables...is that something someone who doesn't know a whole lot about it can do? I mean, I've got adjustable progressive shocks on my bike, but I turn that up/down depending on if I'm riding alone or not.

I figure with a car it'd be more complex (to a 4th!)

Also, how difficult would it be to DIY a coilover swap? I imagine the (rear) springs aren't going to be easy. I know when I swapped shocks on my truck, I cheated and used my car jack to compress them to where they'd bolt up. With the Z being as low as it is, I figure that won't be very likely.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote