View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #22 (permalink)
omm370z
Track Member

Drives: The Amuse!
omm370z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
Yeah, I know the price for importing is insane. I know in the Philippines, there's 100% import tax. Those that can afford it, can pretty much afford to have it fixed anyways, so they usually don't care a whole lot about any warranty work. It's just one of those things that you have to live with if the car wasn't introduced to that market. In the US, back a decade, before the R35 for example, you'd be sh?t out luck bringing an imported R34 into a Nissan Service Department for any kind of warranty repair.

I'm assuming it also has a lot to do with market percentage. I think they still consider Peru an emerging market and put simply, the vast majority of people can't afford the Z at that price, let alone a GT-R. Sure, there are the wealthy few such as yourself, but you're in the minority. Nissan can't make a profit selling the Z there, so it's kind of pointless from their perspective.
Days can pass by and this subject can be unfinished but i always take the STI as example to compare "what if". Let's see what Nissan would say
omm370z is offline   Reply With Quote