View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 12:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370ZQ View Post
hi, do you have any issue of paint damage from the front bummper because of the dead bugs bodies on black car? it seems more serious although i wash the car everyweek. is their some other way to fix without repaint the front bumper?
That completely depends on how bad you allow the bug guts to etch into the paint. When I come home from a night trip through the country side, the first thing I do is get all that crap off the car. I don't care how tired I am or how late it is, that stuff gets removed. If you allow that crap to sit on your car for 24 hours (especially in direct sunlight), you have just created some serious paint damage. This is also especially true if you don't have some serious wax on your car to protect the paint. If you wait a week to address it, a repaint can very well be in your future. You only have so much clear coat on the car and that stuff etches very quickly. You can only wet sand so far until you reach the paint so at some point, even that is not an option.