View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 03:24 AM   #34 (permalink)
Minicobra1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Tour, Spt, 6mt
Minicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle@STILLEN View Post
Judging by your list of modifications in your sig. I'm assuming you do not currently have our street oil cooler? I would suggest starting with this. For street use I think you would have a hard time pushing the temperatures beyond a safe point with the street cooler. The race cooler might be a bit much.

When we say that the race cooler might be a bit much we mean that in two ways: 1) financially speaking-At the end of the day the race cooler is substantially more expensive. We know this but the core is substantially larger so the cost is going to be more. I firmly believe in the philosophy that if you don't need to spend the money, why spend it? If you don't plan on driving your car hard on the race track then the street cooler will be fine for you. 2) Streetability- With the race oil cooler in particular you will want to have a thermostatic plate installed. We will have this option soon, we're just trying to find a source so that we can be competitively priced. As it stands right now you can pick up a thermostatic plate for pretty cheap from sources like Amazon.

It is possible to have your oil run too cold. 180-200 degrees is pretty much optimum and realistically 180 is on the cool side.
Thanks for the info and recommendations Kyle
370z Tour| Spt Pack|Navi|BERK CBE|Berk HFC's| Eibach Springs| Hotchkis Sway Bars|SPC Camber Arms|15mm Ichiba Wheel Spacers| 19"Factory Nismo Wheels-Matt Black|Stop Tech Rotors|TWM Shifter|3M Tint|Black Fangs|Black Rear Valance|JDM Fog Light| MY BAND-www.myspace.com/petroleum
Minicobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote