View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #25 (permalink)
spitfire9200
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 13' E92 M3
spitfire9200 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Re-bedded. Feels good on stops below 75mph, vibes a bit above. I think it's a slight amount of improperly transferred material, likely due to my driving style (twisties, then red-lights sitting there with my foot crammed on the brake so I don't roll into someone). I will live with it until I do tires, then I will probably have the rotors cleaned up, put on a different pad than stock (Stock seems to be known for easy material transfer? What does everyone recommend for a street pad with low dust that will do better? I'm not building a race-car, just looking for a slight upgrade that is more friendly to me in this manner. Is the NISMO pad a good alternative? Like I said, this is just a little daily, not a track monster.) and have the alignment re-done (street alignment specs would be nice if anyone has some, I want a bit more traction up front, the back-end seems to be set up very well.).

One time I did tires on my WS6, paid about $300/tire, and went on a road-trip. You guessed it. I ate a tire due to an alignment that was off. Stupid. I was in college and broke as hell, the tires were a gift, and I didn't pay for an alignment because it didn't pull L/R and I figured it was "good enough". WRONG. That is why I do an alignment every time I replace tires, now. Regardless.
My brakes were doing the same thing and I drove very conservatively. I took it to Nissan and they replaced all my rotors/pads under warranty, but be warned - your "brake" warranty ends after 1 year or 12,000 miles, so if you're still within that I would def just go in.

My rotors were also diagnosed as warped. I heard a LOT of G37's had this issue as well
spitfire9200 is offline   Reply With Quote