View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #56 (permalink)
coltrain
Base Member

Drives: Prospective buyer
coltrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog1250 View Post
Impressions of... him? He's a cool dude that's a true auto enthusiast. He'd be a great addition to the Z community as he's passionate about cars (studied auto design) and knows his stuff.

He had been considering a NSX but due to its small size and cost to keep up, he was deterred. He really seemed to like the Z and asked questions about my day to day with it. While I'm more of a weekend warrior, I told him it was totally liveable with even in hilly SF (and I have a 6 speed). Also said it was much more practical than you'd think. Great grocery getter, and if you want decent gas mileage you can get it. But likely you ever would
The NSX has always been my "unicorn". Lusted over them for years and told myself I WILL have one. Still to this day, I scan the NSX for sale section in search of the perfect car. Even though I'm told countless times about how it's a Honda and will last forever with maintenance. It's still a super rare car with no warranty and I can barely fit in it. My love for the car says "**** it, just do IT". But now my better judgement is creeping in.

I've compared the NSX to a pair of Ferrari Puma shoes that are 1 size too small. They're awesome for about a week, until they become painful day to day.

Last edited by coltrain; 09-11-2012 at 10:11 PM.
coltrain is offline   Reply With Quote