View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #95 (permalink)
DavidB123
Base Member

Drives: 2015 Nismo,Tec,Black
DavidB123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chii370 View Post
omg...... fatal and RETARDED flaw in the 13 nismos. I was reading weight reduction tips and thought I would take out the spare. "only applies to Bose package"

so first thing I find odd is that it has an extra trunk mat with sound material on it. then once I got to the spare I found out why and face palmed so hard I almost killed myself. guess where that extra woofer is?

that's right. its a big black plastic disk that says Bose on it and it sits ON TOP of the spare.
normally this might not be an issue. but after I took out the spare I put the woofer down in its place and what do u know....... as suspected the screw down thing bottoms out before its tight enough to hold it. so I thought SURELY they put a disconnect for the woofer back here......NOPE. its wired straight into it and there is no disconnect as it runs back between panels and the frame.

I ask u this. what happens when I NEED that spare? that woofers just going to wildly bounce around in the empty space? who's ******* stupid *** idea was that? I think this is petition worthy.
My 2013 Nismo does not have the issue you described. There is a white detachable disconnect clip to the left. Once the clip is removed the entire unit is separate. I showed a picture under the Bose Bass and there are no additional wires. Additionally, when the long screw in holder is screwed in it is tight and flush.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (481.3 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.JPG (372.1 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3.JPG (363.8 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by DavidB123; 09-10-2012 at 07:35 PM.
DavidB123 is offline   Reply With Quote