View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #25 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Its really hard to compare the sound over the computer speakers. My car has a loud exhaust on it and I cannot really hear the valve noise from outside the car because the transmission (very light clutch and flywheel makes these transmissions very loud at idle) and exhaust are much too loud. I hear mine inside the cabin, sounds like its coming from the dashboard. The pitch is pretty low for a TICK, its ALMOST more like a knock... but its not a bottom end knock, I know what those sound like. Its definitely my valvetrain.

Yes I have a bone stock engine in my car. Just turbo kit, injectors, fuel pump, exhaust, clutch, reflash, and a tank full of E85.

I will say that, if my car was otherwise stock, and made this noise... it would bother the hell out of me. My car is very loud and pretty darn fast so it comes with having strange noises and things like that. Nobody questions it as a passenger in my car because its generally expected that fast cars make weird noises. But it used to bother me a bit before I made the car fast... and if I took off all this performance stuff and drove it mostly stock again, I would probably do whatever I could to get rid of the noise, if possible.

Last edited by phunk; 09-10-2012 at 01:55 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote