Thread: Bay Area Drivin
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
B&W_Evader
Track Member

Drives: slower than before
B&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bay Area Drivin

Just thought I'd share my latest fun day.

Started off with a fill up and a workout. Then up 130 to the Lick Observatory. Nice spirited drive. Oil cooler was working great, 72 degrees on the outside temp gage and engine went up to 260. No redlining but generally between 3 and 6k in 2nd and occasional 3rd gears. Lots of fun. They've resurfaced about half the road with this really coarse tar/gravel top coat. Probably good against black ice but kinda loud in the Z. Lots of consistent grip but I like the smooth road better. On the bright side, it looked like they fixed all of the cracks and most of the bad dips. Went back down the San Jose side. Saw a Sherrif patrol coming up as I was exiting 130.

Next, over to Santa Cruz on 17. That was a bummer drive... Stop and go traffic for about 2/3s of the uphill side. Too much traffic to have fun... Should of taken hwy 9. Took hwy 152 on the way back. Got be hind Joe Racer in a Cube from the start of the hill to the top. He was really pushing it in that thing but he finally let me by. (probably scared himself) Had about 2/3s of the downhill for some fun until I came up on traffic. Then the back roads past Uvas and Calero over to Coyote Valley.

Burned over half a tank but had a great time. The Z got a nice workout.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 370Z_1a.jpg (182.8 KB, 13 views)