View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 06:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
IDZRVIT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 CTS-V, '76 Vette
IDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telephone View Post
Another oil/filter thread

Hi Pat, it's an oil filter...don't loose sleep over it dude. Try searching on Google for oil filter comparisons. This has been beat to death...resurrected, and then beat to death over and over.

I use a Classic Purolator filter from Walmart. I believe they are $3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat C. View Post
I realize it's an oil filter. But I also know i'm quite fond of this particular car and don't mind paying extra for the "right" filter. Will more than likely go with the Purolator simply because it's a larger filter which should be able to hold more oil....Thanks for the feedback...
Pat
There is no 'right' filter. The cheap ones will filter any particles that will present a danger to your engine as well as the more expensive filters do. You do realize that any filter will pass metal particles up to a certain size. So don't sweat it. Put on an expensive one if it makes you feel better.
IDZRVIT is offline   Reply With Quote