View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Telephone
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Sport M6
Telephone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat C. View Post
First off, don't flame me for placing this topic in the wrong category. I tried doing multiple searches and didn't find what I was looking for.
Have had my Z for a year now and would like to again change the oil before I put it away for the winter. Have seen multiple posts suggesting either the K&N or the Purolator Pure One filter over the OEM. Has anyone ever cut one of these filters open to see how much fiber there actually is?
Am tossed between the Purolator's larger size and what I've seen from previous experience with the K&N. That being, even though the K&N is smaller, it has more fiber to absorb.
Just like many other owners, choosing the right filter when we have several choices isn't all that easy. Info, suggestions backed up with information is more towards what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance...
Pat
Another oil/filter thread

Hi Pat, it's an oil filter...don't loose sleep over it dude. Try searching on Google for oil filter comparisons. This has been beat to death...resurrected, and then beat to death over and over.

I use a Classic Purolator filter from Walmart. I believe they are $3
Telephone is offline   Reply With Quote