View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #68 (permalink)
NitrousZ34
Banned

Drives: Myself crazy
NitrousZ34 is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=luigi90210;1908731]thank you, it really helps to read posts like this instead of the bashing(which i kind of expected this to happen but still...), i dont plan on pushing it anymore than whats out of the box with their tune(or maybe a custom tune not sure yet), how satisfied is your friend with his supercharger kit?

I am in san diego and cops here dont crack down on modified cars unless you're street racing or something along those lines so im not to worried about a cop asking me to pop my hood but i would like to keep everything legal at that off chance that it happens

No problem man just trying to help out. From what i have gathered is that Stillen's tune has problems and you are better off going with a custom tune to suit the needs of your driving and your cars mods. I hear you on the whole street racing thing. Basically just don't do anything to attract attention and you will be fine. My friend really does like his kit because, he was the first HR 350z to ever have the kit. I have rode in in plenty of times and the power is definately there. He makes 400rwhp on 100 oct on a 9lb pulley i believe. He is also a 5AT so he will make slighty less power than if he had a 6MT. The car definately moves though. All in all, he is happy with the kit, but is extremely unsatisfied with the customer service. As for reliability, i cannot say because he has only had the kit installed for about a year now and for the past 4 months his car has been going through some new paint and such because of a little incident he had with his ex gf lol so technically hes only been driving the car for 8 months with the kit. Like i said i have nothing against Stillen, but i would strongly recommend getting the GTM kit. In my personal opinion, the kit is better thought out than Stillen's, and the customer sevice is top notch, and that i can speak about from personal experience. Either way, whatever kit you get it will be a huge improvement over what you have now. So good luck and happy modding
NitrousZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote