View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Vichtz
Track Member

Drives: PG 09 Nissan 370z
Vichtz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr&Mrs View Post
To think they will disappear is a naive statement. Its not going to happen without enforecment of some kind of rules.
Thats what I'm saying, why would we want to change anything? look at it like this.
1. Vendor pays to be on forum.
2 Every intelligent user knows not to buy from them.
3. There is a special place for vendors on this forum, which essentially means there is a section basically dedicated to advertising.
4. The above means there are no banner ads.
5. Once/If bad vendors get smart and move on, another one will take their place, and the cycle of money/containment continues and the forum stays banner free.
6. Bad vendors keep the forum free for those of us that dont want to/cant pay fees. Like advertising videos before your video on youtube, they suck but they keep it free. Indeed money talks.

Look I get it, bad vendors are about the worst thing to come from the internet, but if we can keep their advertising money and then not give them any business on top of it, I see it as a win/win. Let the other forums deal with the bad vendors. All it takes is a quick google search to find if a vendor is legit or not. As an above poster said, its all public record. Just use your head and let the bad vendors waste their money here, its the easiest way to "stick it to em".

Last edited by Vichtz; 09-09-2012 at 03:09 PM.