View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
oro
Base Member

Drives: G37S
oro is on a distinguished road

I think intention wise the new GTM TD06 turbo kit would fit the bill and my own for that matter, it's a good amount of power before overkilling.

I understand the want for an NA setup and I wouldn't want to try to turn you away from it as it would be a very different and enjoyable build, but from the money standpoint a simple bolt on turbo option will be the best per-cost ratio.

Adam from Z1auto did a build back when I had my 350Z where he did an NA non stroker setup, but that car screamed with Tomei 268 cams and 11.3 compression (where I believe most of the power bump came from) and full bolt ons. That being said the DE motor was never as potent as our current motor nor did it have the thickness of powerband. After his build his power was comparable to our cars bolt ons, pushing 303whp. I dyno'd my stock 350Z at 228whp, so being an *** and assuming that the VQ37 is as advanced over the 350 as it is, I wouldn't be surprised to see 400 or just under 400 to the wheels.

Factoring all the parts in, going as budget as you can on it, you would probably be pretty close to 15g's into the motor build at that point...and as stated before a GTM TT will sit you at 430 to the wheels pretty easily and without breaking a sweat.

I don't think it's wrong to go for numbers personally as you will be enjoying the car in whatever form you choose, it is your car and if you want 500hp you can enjoy that just knowing it is lurking underneath your foot.
oro is offline   Reply With Quote