View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #67 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitrousZ34 View Post
Everyone gets quoted but me?? lol
In all seriousness, I am a big fan of GTM and their products, always have been. I have first hand experienced Stillen's Customer service, and their kit on my friends HR 350z. He has not had any problems with the kit, so far, but when we took a trip down to Stillen's facility to pick up the CARB sticker they would not give it to him because he was suppose to get his car tuned with the stock cats to be able to get the sticker. They never informed him of this and i now that for a fact because i was there before he got the install, after he picked the car up from the install, and the third time we were there to pick up the sticker. The only reason why he went with Stillen is because he lives in Los Angeles and cops crack down on street cars hard and he just didn't want to be hassled without a carb sticker at least. I know a sticker won't help all the time, but hey who knows. The other reason was because the kit is warrentied. I don't even know if they will honor that now because of the whole exhaust issue. I am not bashing Stillen, there are a bunch of good guys over there that have done alot of R&D work for our cars, which i am thankful for. So basically what im trying to say goes along with what others have said. The stillen kit is a quality system out the box, but if you plan on really pushing it, you could come across some problems and the customer service isn't the greatest. In my opinion i would go with GTM, as what i will be doing in the future. Not their supercharger kit, but their twin turbo kit. I have respect for both companies but I would go with GTM. Hope this helps OP
thank you, it really helps to read posts like this instead of the bashing(which i kind of expected this to happen but still...), i dont plan on pushing it anymore than whats out of the box with their tune(or maybe a custom tune not sure yet), how satisfied is your friend with his supercharger kit?

I am in san diego and cops here dont crack down on modified cars unless you're street racing or something along those lines so im not to worried about a cop asking me to pop my hood but i would like to keep everything legal at that off chance that it happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss370Z View Post
I try my best in English!

Hey Guys

Be nice to each other again......

The question of what SC- Kit you should take, everyone should decide for themselves.
I find it very sad that the same war breaks out again and again, when someone asks, what SC- Kit do you recommend?

If both correctly installed, the software optimizes and the car is well maintained
and no long high speed runs are completed (can also be a normal engine explode), is the pure joy of such a SC- Kit nothing in the way.

I drive for 1 1/2 years and 22'000 Km (13'700 miles) one of these kits (STILLEN) so far without problems.
(except catalyst problems...... Which HFC for a TT or SC Build)
Since the software is properly configured.

I am convinced, both companies and could recommend both.

@ Luigi
If you are with a distinctive engine bay (I read you like understatment) and go with carb legal like, then choose STILLEN.

If you want a little more power and unobtrusively go, then choose GTM

My personal tip:
Decide first for the tuner you can install the kit (or let it install directly from the manufacturer) and then make your decision on which kit you want.
Unfortunately I can not give any suggestion where you can go for installation?
I'm too far away (Switzerland)

Just be aware that such an intervention can go on an engine always breaking something as performance will be greatly increased.
I change the engine oil every 3'000 miles (high quality) and regularly check all of the components (air filters, belts, bearings ....).
The maintenance is for a SC- Kit of course higher than normal.

I hope I have helped you a little?

Greetings from Switzerland
Ivo
Thanks you, I kind of understood what your post said but could you clear something up, when you said the engine would break on extended runs, what do you mean?
like autobahn driving 155mph for 1hour straight or 80mph for 10hours straight?

I understand pushing your car hard will break things and that installing this will require more maintenance to keep the car running but I wouldn't want my car breaking on a drive to Vegas or something
luigi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote