View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 03:40 AM   #63 (permalink)
swiss370Z
Track Member

Drives: VW UP! 1.0 Ltr
swiss370Z is a jewel in the roughswiss370Z is a jewel in the roughswiss370Z is a jewel in the rough
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi90210 View Post
I want to go with the gtm kit but because of carb laws, I would prefer it if I didnt have to pay extra for a smog check(if you know what i mean). The only thing I dont like about the stillen kit is that it makes the engine bay look flashy, I like the clean look of the engine bay as is but I can live with it because I dont look at my engine bay to often.
I try my best in English!

Hey Guys

Be nice to each other again......

The question of what SC- Kit you should take, everyone should decide for themselves.
I find it very sad that the same war breaks out again and again, when someone asks, what SC- Kit do you recommend?

If both correctly installed, the software optimizes and the car is well maintained
and no long high speed runs are completed (can also be a normal engine explode), is the pure joy of such a SC- Kit nothing in the way.

I drive for 1 1/2 years and 22'000 Km (13'700 miles) one of these kits (STILLEN) so far without problems.
(except catalyst problems...... Which HFC for a TT or SC Build)
Since the software is properly configured.

I am convinced, both companies and could recommend both.

@ Luigi
If you are with a distinctive engine bay (I read you like understatment) and go with carb legal like, then choose STILLEN.

If you want a little more power and unobtrusively go, then choose GTM

My personal tip:
Decide first for the tuner you can install the kit (or let it install directly from the manufacturer) and then make your decision on which kit you want.
Unfortunately I can not give any suggestion where you can go for installation?
I'm too far away (Switzerland)

Just be aware that such an intervention can go on an engine always breaking something as performance will be greatly increased.
I change the engine oil every 3'000 miles (high quality) and regularly check all of the components (air filters, belts, bearings ....).
The maintenance is for a SC- Kit of course higher than normal.

I hope I have helped you a little?

Greetings from Switzerland
Ivo

Last edited by swiss370Z; 09-09-2012 at 03:54 AM.
swiss370Z is offline   Reply With Quote