Thread: Cabin noise
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #633 (permalink)
RiCharlie
Track Member

Drives: 370 Touring Spt A/t
RiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDog View Post
I put Dynamat all over my hatch area (both shock pillars and the latch area all the way up to the backs of my seats). Also I put some as far up into my left fender as I could reach (the right fender is not accessible from the hatch area)

It helped, but the car is still noisy.

now I'm ordering materials to coat the inside of the doors. I will see if that helps.

the guys that make GT Mat are offering free samples (10 ft square) of there product to members. you will need more like 30 to really get after the hatch and (I'm guessing) 20 or so for the doors (some is wasted when you trim the sheets to fit your panel shapes.)

Here is a photo of my Hatch as i was just getting started putting down the mat. I spoke with my dealer service manager and he tols me how to get all the trim out. (it is easy)
Nissan 370Z Forum - SurfDog's Album: Surfdog 09 370z sport - Picture

There is NO sound dampening in the doors..NONE at all..cover the inside of the doors and get some good quiet tires and the car will be totally different..
RiCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote