View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #275 (permalink)
robones
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 - Nissan 370 M6
robones is on a distinguished road

I had the pleasure of having a 56 Chevy (similar to the one pictured below) pull up next to me at a traffic light. It was being driven by a teenager with three of his buddies, one on the passenger side and two in the back. You could tell they were definitely cruising around and having a good time. When pulls up next to me, he starts revving his engine (that thing sounded soooo mean and sooooo intimidating. A crazy V8 rumbling next to me wanting to launch at green light. Modern Japanese hotrod vs old school American muscle pitted against each other in a movie cliché type duel.

Signal turned green and he blasted his V8 and his little stock skinny 5 inch tires hoped and hoped and squealed and hoped some more all while I was cruising right next to him on 1st gear waiting for him to catch some grip so I can actually press the accelerator. Of course I knew his tank of a car with those skinny rear tires and full load were not going anywhere and were no match but I just thought it would be nice seeing this beautiful antique be brought back to life once again. LOL I looked at all four, they looked right back and they all laughed and so did I. I finally switched to second gear and road off, not once going WOT unfortunately.

Last edited by robones; 09-07-2012 at 03:20 PM.