View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #51 (permalink)
Haboob
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

So, I have a question, since I've not purchased my own car ever (still driving the one my parents originally bought for me eight years ago).

I have always been told, "No, don't put money down." on a new car, by my Dad. Yet, I see many people doing so to bring their payments down and such.

Is this a good thing to do?

I've always thought that it was kind of a waste, since you're putting money down on something that's going to depreciate by that amount (or more) the second you drive it off of the lot.

Edit: Not sure if I should put money down and sell my SRT myself or use as trade-in either. Probably safer to sell myself to get quite a bit more out of it.

Last edited by Haboob; 09-07-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Haboob is offline   Reply With Quote