Thread: Nissan GTR
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #30 (permalink)
HKYStormFront
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 Frontier SE 6spd
HKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to HKYStormFront

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
From what I understand the GPS in the GTR knows when you get to a race track. Now as far as if it know that you were racing on that track. That is probably on another computer.

I was talking to a few mechanics at Nissan, each time you bring a GTR in they download a encrypted file off your GTR and it is sent to nissan. They can than tell what you have been doing.
the first part is only in the rest of the world, not the US. the second part is not true at all from what i've heard. they will only download this information if there is a warranty claim that is directly related to the performance/powertrain aspects of the car