View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #34 (permalink)
Gawl128
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370Z Nismo
Gawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDog View Post
I just dynamatted my entire hatch. It took 5 hours or so but gave me confidence to rip open my doors too. Go to a dealer and ask the service manager to tell you how to rip open your doors and hatch. They have awesome service manuals that you can look at for about 10 seconds and know basically how to do it without f'ing up your trim. Also there are utube vids how to take apart your doors. They helped me s lot and I did it all without breaking anything.

The Dynamat made my road noise on "very textured" California roads go from unbearable to merely annoying. Im going to do some research on which areas the Dynamat helps most and add sparingly.

If you tap around on your car and find areas that "ping" instead of going "thunk" you can probably Dynamat the critical spots without going overboard on weight.

I carpeted my hatch, and then took a box of 4 sheets and put the stuff up around my shock towers and up in the fenders in all the spots that "ping". It helped a lot. Attachment 53789
I'm sure you have already said this somewhere, but how many pounds of mat did you add?
Gawl128 is offline   Reply With Quote