View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
jza
Base Member

Drives: 05 tiburon
jza is on a distinguished road

Took a closer look and noted a few red flags:

TLDR: uneven wear and rear tires need to be replaced, no record of oil change, poor mileage over the last 450 miles of use.

1. The rear tires are actually not as good as I originally thought. I did the penny test and you can see all of Lincoln's hair on the right rear. The left rear has a little more. I know these are performance tires, but this seems wrong.
2. There's no service records, except for an oil change. Also, I looked at the upper windshield and there's a faded out sticker from a quick lube. It was hard to read, but I think it said next oil change due on 5/2012 or at ~10k miles. The 10k miles bit is weird because the car has less than 7k and they usually recommend oil changes every 3k miles in these kinds of places.
3. In an earlier post I mentioned that the avg. mpg was ~23-24, but apparently this was wrong (maybe this was the mileage during the previous drive?). After pressing the menu button a few times I saw that the avg. mileage was ~14mpg(!) and avg. speed was ~24mph(!) over ~450 miles

Looks like I'm walking away from this one
jza is offline   Reply With Quote