View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #28 (permalink)
tjlazer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34, R35
tjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to tjlazer Send a message via MSN to tjlazer Send a message via Yahoo to tjlazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBro16 View Post
This is exceptionally useful information.

Perhaps we can get someone with Stillens to hook up this setup and try it out? We can get some numbers to put a better label on the actual difference between the two. Very useful info for those that daily drive their cars and don't feel like removing their bumper every 10-20k miles to check their filters.

There are trade-offs on all sides, of course. I wonder if they have a similar setup for Android. I will be ALL OVER it if so.

TJLazer - what was the outside temperature at the time of your reading?
It was around 80 degrees. I will do some more testing, and also in the fall to see if the numbers get better when at a stand still.

I do know that when it is hot out, and in stop and go traffic I get a lot of bogging and slow throttle response in 1-2 gear. There is a whole thread about it and I am convinced it is the ECU going into a save engine mode. Happens when I hit 220+ degrees.

My neighbor has a 370Z I can see about doing some comparisons on his stock Z...

Last edited by tjlazer; 09-06-2012 at 03:32 PM.
tjlazer is offline   Reply With Quote