View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
Osiris
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Angry
Osiris will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi90210 View Post
well now im leaning towards the GTM kit now
I am not worried about the intercooler not dissipating heat because im only going to run 9-10psi but the other problems you mentioned are worrying me

aside from the belts slipping and the recirculation tube needing to be modified, what other problems have you run into with the stillen kit?

hahaha, well, i also didn't mention the multiple tunes i've had to get while working out the kinks in the kit and the $$ they cost me. On the bright side, it is working and stable now; but really, you shouldn't have to customize and spend more money on a "bolt on" kit in order for it to work properly. Only other issues i can remember i had was that i was getting minor detonation that had to be worked out through one of my tunes. I also (i keep remembering) had a hole in one of the welds that was a big boost leak. However, i can't prove whether or not it was there to begin with or not. I've since gotten it fixed.

But like i said, after much extra $$ and headaches later, it is now working and producing advertised numbers. Do it all over again, for me, definitely would go different route.

^^^^^^^^^Like our Facebook!^^^^^^^^^
Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote