View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
Well, since owning my kit, i've had to replace two of the pulleys that came with the kit due to failure. I've also had to upgrade the bypass valve as the small plastic one that comes with the kit isn't adequate for proper tuning and performance. Had to modify the reciruculation tube so that it could handle the proper amount of return. I had to upgrade the jackshaft and super charger pulley to cogged pulleys in order to avoid belt slip. I've also been told by my local performance shop (that has worked with these kits) that the intercooler will not disapate heat properly if you're using more than 12psi. Customizing a front mount intercooler for this kit will be a big undertaking IMO. I've heard of others having to upgrade maf's, and some have even gotten bigger injectors than what the kit comes with. And of course, others have also upgraded the impeller on the actual blower in order to increase low end torque. Oh and, speaking of torque, IMO, that is where this kit lacks. I'm getting 308WTQ on a mustang dyno. While you're reading about other kits, take note of the torque numbers.
well now im leaning towards the GTM kit now
I am not worried about the intercooler not dissipating heat because im only going to run 9-10psi but the other problems you mentioned are worrying me

aside from the belts slipping and the recirculation tube needing to be modified, what other problems have you run into with the stillen kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
I don't have either one, but I read a lot about both of them. I honestly haven't heard too many good things about the Stillen SC. People have a lot of problems with them, the tune they give you is absolute crap, and they don't make much power. Stillen's product quality and customer service have started lacking severely for the 370Z, whereas GTM has done nothing but improve and continue to please people. If I were to consider a SC I would be looking at GTM before anything else. Just my

Sent from my iPizzle using magic and new-fangled science stuff
I have heard from a lot of people, online and in person that the stillen kit has problems and usually i would just go gtm but because i live in california and smog checks here are brutal, and id rather not pay for fake smogs and such
luigi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote