View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Osiris
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Angry
Osiris will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi90210 View Post
can you please explain?
by inferior parts you mean like intercooler and such or something more major?
Well, since owning my kit, i've had to replace two of the pulleys that came with the kit due to failure. I've also had to upgrade the bypass valve as the small plastic one that comes with the kit isn't adequate for proper tuning and performance. Had to modify the reciruculation tube so that it could handle the proper amount of return. I had to upgrade the jackshaft and super charger pulley to cogged pulleys in order to avoid belt slip. I've also been told by my local performance shop (that has worked with these kits) that the intercooler will not disapate heat properly if you're using more than 12psi. Customizing a front mount intercooler for this kit will be a big undertaking IMO. I've heard of others having to upgrade maf's, and some have even gotten bigger injectors than what the kit comes with. And of course, others have also upgraded the impeller on the actual blower in order to increase low end torque. Oh and, speaking of torque, IMO, that is where this kit lacks. I'm getting 308WTQ on a mustang dyno. While you're reading about other kits, take note of the torque numbers.

^^^^^^^^^Like our Facebook!^^^^^^^^^
Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote