View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

As a counter-point, I know quite a few Z owners who bought automatics and later regretted not getting the stick. Again, no right or wrong, just individual impressions. I've driven both and like both. I think everyone should test drive both if they want to feel it for themselves. The above posters all did their due diligence and decided they liked the 7AT better. I know quite a few who've gone the other way as well. A very good friend and member here tells me all the time that he wished he'd learned manual before buying his 7AT, and says he would have bought the manual instead. I also know 6MT owners who wished they'd bought Automatic.

I'd like to avoid the sort of debate that arises. They are both good. The manual is cheaper, the automatic is generally faster. My whole point is that if you're considering both as options for purchase, drive both and see which you like better. Better to do that up front than regret it later.

Last edited by shadoquad; 09-06-2012 at 12:11 PM.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote