View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #66 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
you want 50/50 on 30% throttle, because that's how they run skidpad tests
Pretty much. My 370Z is NOT what I expected when pushed hard. I didn't push it like that on a test-drive, or I honestly may have bought something else. That is a serious downside to the car. It is crap in a corner.

Why?

Lets say you enter the corner lightly on the brakes...well, then you balance on the throttle...but wait...you have to be ACCELERATING to balance...longer the corner...faster you go...constant radius corner...you do the math. Tire adhesion has a limit...so now you have a decision: Get off the throttle and toss the rear-end out, or stay on the throttle and have the front end push you off the road. Screw that. I'll take the 50/50 of my Z06 back in a heartbeat. Get off the throttle gently and just let the car settle back down. The 370Z is a thinkers car. You have to know the corner intimately and treat it "just so", or the car will bit you in the ***. The 50/50 cars are more simple. You can do what you please, and if it's the wrong thing, let the car correct it and remain calm, no big deal. Just be smooth, "listen" to the car, and let it fix any problems you run into. The 370Z, it's like a bitch girlfriend seething all the time, and if you push the wrong buttons, it will go nuclear on you and you can't stop it. There is no warning that comes in time, and it won't stop until it hits something, and it is highly UN-likely that you will talk it down, no-matter how gently you caress it.

This is just my opinion, having a properly engineered car, and now owning a 370Z, regarding weight distribution. Deal-breaker? No. I am keeping my 370. It is, however, a huge disappointment.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 09-05-2012 at 11:10 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote