View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
birdmanx1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Nismo
birdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to birdmanx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawl128 View Post
Rain/Water is a huge problem in my area (Florida weather...). A friend had injen intakes in his Z (similar in design to the gen 3) and he suffered from Hydrolocking...

Anyways, I talked to Stillen and they recommended the gen2 if I was at all concerned with water problems. I understand the power difference between gen2 and 3 - but the water lock issue (as rare as it is - left me uneasy).
I also got a great deal on it - so the price was worth the lower performance (compared to gen3 anyways).
Understood boss, glad to read it made perfect sense. The Gen 3 sit high up by the bumper whereas the Injens sit much lower. Anyways congrats on your purchase and do post up pics if you don't mind
370Z NISMO #0462 | ClearBra | 3M tint | Head/Taillights | Dynamat | Black Roof | Tommy Kaira HB | CF Parts | Berk HFCs | FI SS | NST Pulleys | Takeda aFe | K&N | H&R Spacers | Swift Spec R | SPC F&R | Zuperman M370
Nismo Vid | Nismo Journal | Nismo Rumble
birdmanx1 is offline   Reply With Quote