View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 02:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
370Z Purist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z-T BS M6
370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all

From just a personal perspective:

I feel like the first design, perhaps made a bit more subtle, would have better suited the NISMO. I don't like the retro headlights as I'm actually a big fan of sharp angular design. Needs less cutouts, but since it pretty much is the stock front with more cutouts, I can't really say if this will show much change. The sideskirts make more sense (I don't know why the designer had them point the paint side toward the ground...)

The second design, looks pretty cool. I'm sure the ducting could be very useful. I cannot stand eyelids, though. Is that a T top? uh. why? There's way too much going on, and I'm not sure you're actually getting much aerodynamic benefit, mostly a show benefit so you could show off a massive intercooler or something.

However, as an engineering student, a lot of things kind of stand out...

Both designs have a lot of components which introduce fresh air to the engine bay and related accessories. There must be some engineering involved to avoid massively increasing drag because you actually have TOO much "ducting." Also, with that much ducting, you might end up lowering downforce on the front end, which is bad if the kit is any good for aerodynamic purposes versus just show.

"Since one of my brake light bulbs just went out, the forum told me that my piston rings are about to blow."
370Z Purist is offline   Reply With Quote