View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 12:26 AM   #61 (permalink)
The Weapon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z Tour/Sport Blk
The Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
Not too bad. I won't be buying one until the summer at the earliest. I wonder if I can get a deal like yours for $40k OTD. I plan on writing a check for the total amount, and I'm thinking that some dealerships will have a hard time saying no, hehe.

PS: Do you know if the deal you got was at invoice, below it or above it?

It was slightly above still about $312.

Here's my Listing i found:
Touring 6 Speed $31,919 Invoice $34,460 MSRP

Sport Package (SPT) - $2602 Invoice/$3000 MSRP
HDD Nav System (NAV) $1605 Invoice/$1850 MSRP
Floor Mats (FLO) $89 Invoice/$115 MSRP
Splash Guards (SGD) $165 Invoice/$220 MSRP
Illuminated Kick Plate (IKP) $148 Invoice/$200 MSRP
Carpeted Trunk Mat (TMA) $65 Invoice/$95 MSRP

Options TOtal: $4674 Invoice/$5480 MSRP
Destination Charge $695 Invoice/MSRP

Total: $37,288 Invoice/$40,635 MSRP
$312 over invoice/ $3035 Under MSRP.

If the dealer says they are not making money they are most likely lying. IF a dealer is actually paying Invoice price they won't be in business for long. Most dealers will get 2-3k off the invoice price as well.

Think about it end of year, the model close out sales, are usually priced anywhere between 7-10k off MSRP. Why? They need to move those models and that's when they'll sell them at what they paid and I doubt it would be under.
The Weapon is offline   Reply With Quote