View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #762 (permalink)
ZMan8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 10 370z 40th M6
ZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC View Post
yeah man it was tough took me about an hour to get gold. i ended up with like a 7:47.5 or something just barely gold but i didnt use any type of tuning really i just upped the downforce to 15/35 and then put the camber at about -2. i could have gotten a bit lower but that damn car frustrates me too much. its twitchy then snaps into understeer. its hard to get a clean lap driving 10/10ths with it.. you have to baby it to get a non red lap

i had the weight reduction to stage 3 but in order to make 513pp i had to lower the power too much so i added weight back to it to pretty much undo the weight reduction

but yeah it took me a while i had to keep chasing my ghost and shave a few seconds at a time off

there are some tunes here they some are having luck with

GT Academy Prize Car Seasonal - Page 46 - GTPlanet Forums

the race was kinda hard too and i had full weight and power stage 3.. no matter how hard i drove it i was always 4 secs off the #1 car and had to brake insanely late after the final stretch and pass the car in the final two turns
I feel like the "tuned" version is harder to control than the regular version. Had the same issue in the 8th part of GT Academy. I played with all kinds of suspension setting on it and that thing is just too prone to spin. I'm currently using -2 camber front and -1.2 rear but perhaps more camber is needed in the rear. I don't have any power/weight mods seeing as my car with an oil change was over the 413 pp. only successful run i did (so far im 1/10 for getting a full lap in without invalidating) I was 40 sec behind gold