View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
binary0x01
Track Member

Drives: 2012 6-SPEED 3.7L Z
binary0x01 is on a distinguished road
Default Whiteline sway bars - Review

Installed my Whiteline sway bars yesterday, car feels great, on uneven surfaces and while turning.

One thing, when installing, the Allen (hexagonal screw) wrench provided, is a POS, had to use my friends metric set (made in USA so it did the job) to get the same size. I wish Whiteline would provide better quality tools... or leave it to the individual and not provide a POS one.

I've put my setting on hard rear, medium front.

The soft front (when compared to the stock sway bars) is the same as the the stock, so no point in using that.

The rear end feels much better and you can predict when you're gonna break loose a lot better. Also the front feels great with much less roll.

All in all, the rigidity is very much improved and I recommend this product for others to try out on their car.

The install was not hard, but, the usual working underneath the car. To install the rear sway bar, had to drop the exhaust. I should have replaced the gaskets since Nissan doesn't use stainless steel, but the car only has 3.5K miles on it and my Fast Intentions exhaust is on order, should be ready by end of September in case I get a leak, I've checked so far and no leak.

Also when dropping the exhaust to swap the sway bars out, I've noticed no loctite on the studded screws... pretty strange in my opinion, considering that the shifter had a butt-load of loctite on it.

Anyway, all I have left to do is to check the bolts one more time, and see that everything is holding up.

Next mod besides the FI CBE is the Koni Yellow's

Cheers

Last edited by binary0x01; 09-06-2012 at 05:42 PM.
binary0x01 is offline   Reply With Quote