View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 11:57 PM   #27 (permalink)
shumby
Captin Canuck

Drives: your sister
shumby has a reputation beyond reputeshumby has a reputation beyond reputeshumby has a reputation beyond reputeshumby has a reputation beyond reputeshumby has a reputation beyond reputeshumby has a reputation beyond reputeshumby has a reputation beyond reputeshumby has a reputation beyond reputeshumby has a reputation beyond reputeshumby has a reputation beyond reputeshumby has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to shumby Send a message via MSN to shumby Send a message via Skype™ to shumby

To be on topic I will compare the 5AT to the 7at in the 08 and 09 G37 respectively.

BOth the 7at and 5AT shift with the same speed and both down shifted and rev matched great. The only advantage I have found so far is the 7AT seems faster off the line. But it is just my feel I have no numbers to back this up so I could be full of it too. The DS mode is awesome when you either let the car do the shifting for you or you take control using the paddles or the stick. I personally use both during spirited driving. It just depends on what I am doing wth the wheel which one I choose to shift from. The one big advantage I see in the 7At over the 5AT is the fuel eco. You are puling far fewer revs at cruising speed in the 7AT for obvious reasons. That being said I really did not buy this car for its MPG lol.

PS just to reminde you the 5AT in the 08 G37 is not the same as the 5AT in the 350Z.
shumby is offline   Reply With Quote