Thread: Check the new Z
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 01:36 PM   #45 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supragtsxr View Post
Ooh! I've one more question! How do i deal with stop and go traffic? Ya know, like when i have to move forward like 10ft and stop. and repeat.

Do i just roll the clutch in and out the whole time? For example, ease off the clutch to get the car to roll forward a bit and then disengage the clutch again?
You're not supposed to "ride" the clutch, as in, keeping the car in gear but the clutch pushed in to keep the engine disengauged.

But, a lot of people do it, and it tends to not cause any major issues.

So, in other words, don't do it, try and get into the habit of dropping out of 1st gear into neutral when you don't need to move the car under power...and release the clutch so there's no pressure on the bearing and so on.

But, if you don't, it's not the end of the world - just like washing your car is a good idea...
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote