View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
2x4
Base Member

Drives: 370z (Soon)
2x4 is on a distinguished road
Default 370z Audio Install

Hey guys,

So I'm pretty new to the forum and am looking around and seeing all the info available, since I'm planning to get a 370z (hopefully base trim, sports package, manual) sometime soon (probably within a year), and I have a decent bit of questions, so bear with me.

One small question is regarding my equipment - I have a 12" Kenwood KFC-W3012 4-ohm sub, Infinity Reference 1600a 600W x 1 at 2 Ohms, and a Lightning Audio LDDC1 1 Farad capacitor. I actually got the capacitor free when I got my amp and sub, but I was wondering, when do car audio systems really need capacitors? Do I need one? I mean, I already have it, is there any downside to installing it?

Regarding head units, any suggestions? I really have never bought a head unit, but I've heard replacing the stock one alone makes a huge difference in sound quality. That being said, what do you guys recommend? What would be some different tiers and etc? I definitely want MP3 CD playback and AUX would be nice, but I don't really know what other features to look for in particular.

Also, I looked around and saw zenclosures is a pretty easy to install sub box, but I realized I should also add some dynamat to avoid probably rattling (I know it has a minor effect on performance, maybe you guys can tell me how significant it is on the 370z?). Now I know a bit about cars and installed the amp, sub, and cap with a friend into my current car with a friend's help, so I sorta got how it goes. That being said, how difficult is it to install dynamat? Should I just have it installed by a professional? And if I'm having that installed professionally, should I just let them also wire up my amp, sub, cap, and head unit?

Thanks everyone,

2x4
2x4 is offline   Reply With Quote