View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Stapel65
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z Base/Sport
Stapel65 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Nillaz,

I like the multi channel amp idea. Any suggestions on brand / model?

The components we picked were based (hopefully) on my desire to have a system with high sound quality and good tight bass to play mostly rock, classic rock, hip hop and some country. Noise is secondary to SQ for me. The shallow sub was selected for space considerations. I'm hoping to keep this system in the range of $2500-$3000 for everything (including install). I understand there will be some minor components that may need to be purchased separately (backup cam, microphone, antennas, stearing wheel control converter, spacers, etc).

After doing some more research I think I'm going to go with the DNX7190HD or even DNX9990HD if I can find a decent deal - I'm not really sure what all the differences are between these two so need to investigate further. The screen size is the draw for me. Obviously the head unit will eat up a good chunk of my budget.

I'm pretty open on speakers, as long as the fronts are 2 way components (three way would be awesome if people think it would sound good to have a 1'' tweeter in the door above the 6.5'' and another mid high, maybe 2'', in the dash). Also, the sub should be a 10'' that would work well with Wicked CAS' box. As for the amp(s), I'm completely open.

Hopefully that helps give you guys an idea of where I'm coming from. Thanks again for taking a read and any advice you have.

Cheers
Stapel65 is offline   Reply With Quote