View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 12:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
Neoatw
Base Member

Drives: 370ZR 6MT
Neoatw is on a distinguished road

Finally got my springs and rear sway installed at Speed Element. Experience wise was not so good....:-( I drove from Dublin to San Jose because of the recommendations. When I got home, I found my F.I. exhaust was hanging low on the driver side. I lift the car up and found that my driver side exhaust was hanging by a freaking zip tie.... Called the shop right after, the installer broke the hanger stud and replace it with the zip tie during the rear sway installation. I was very pissed because how ethical was that. Drove back to the shop hoping the exhaust would not fall out on the freeway, they finally drilled through the stud and replaced it with a new bolt. Yup...it took me 2 freaking trips to get the installation done. Not to mention I had to close my office for both days....:-(

I would've been okay if they told me the truth after the install, and fix the problem. However, they let me drove off without telling me, and leaving me to find out myself. To me, honesty is more important than anything else. I understand that **** happens, but at least be honest and tell me what went wrong, and spend extra 30 mins to fix it instead of letting me drive 35+ miles home with possibility of exhaust falling out in the middle of the freeway and ended up hurting myself and others.
I am getting my alignment soon...hopefully I don't end up finding other broken bolts during the alignment...
Neoatw is offline   Reply With Quote