View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 12:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280z/300zx View Post
So I've read most articles here about the Pilot super sports and RE11's. They seem to be the two most recommended tires. However I've yet to see which one is the better of the two.

Both my 370z Nismo and my girlfriends 2010 Camaro SS need new tires. So my first question is which is better, the pilot sports or RE11's? Secondly, would this same recomendation be good for the Camaro. Haven't been able to find a decent Camaro board to get good info yet.

We live here in Vegas where it doesn't rain much but when it does rain the roads flood a lot. So we need something that will be decent in the rain and not kill us. We also drive pretty aggressively in daily driving and enjoy the occasional auto-x or drags out at the speedway. Essentially we want max grip while still be safe in the rain and giving good cornering ability. It seems these tires are whats recommended. Thanks for the help
From all the research/experience I've been able to build from using them, and reading on the forum, to which there are quite a few back and forth threads on... It sort of breaks down like this:

Michelin PSS: Great Street tire, Good on the Track

RE-11: Great Track tire, Good on the Street

Everything else is pretty much depending on the date/reviewer of the review.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote