View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 11:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayandude View Post
Hey guys, I tried to search just to make sure I'm not asking a question already answered and couldent find anything so here it goes.
I'll be running infinity kappa components in front, kappa 2 ways in rear with a t400-4 on the highs. Now I want to have a 10 inch L7 sub and my question is, when I ordered a zen closure box for my 07 350 for a 8 inch square sub I was shocked/ diss appointed that the company made it so small, the box was tiny compared to the actual space that's back there, it looked fooling In the pic, and tiny in person. So I never got my potential out of the l7 8 inch since the box was tiny. I do want to try a 10 this time for a little deeper bass, but I don't wanna end up paying another 150 bucks for a little box that's not gonna sound good. Any suggestions or other options out there?
Thanks in advance. Not that it probabley matters but I'll be pushing a p1000-1 to the sub.
A Zenclosure box is usually made to accommodate the specific volume req. for each sub (where the desired installation area permits). So they're a trustworthy brand to go with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0rM View Post
If money isn't an object then I recommend the JL Stealthbox. It's expensive but it sounds awesome!

Remember, all speakers are made for a specific air space. Having more space in your box isn't always better. Having the right space is most important. The Zenclosure boxes actually are nearly ideal air space for most subs. Just always double check the cubic feet of air space your sub recommends before you buy something.
Also remember you're dealing with a Square sub, so most boxes won't necessarily work with a Kicker sub. Especially for a stealth enclosure with a 10".

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayandude View Post
But Does it sound good?
Or better yet, would it sound good with a kicker 10 L7
I have 2 Kicker 10" L7's in my Z in the Upfire box, and love it. I added some polyfill to the box to give it a bit more 'padding' and it helps.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote