View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #41 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
It's more difficult and improbable than you'd think to significantly raise your financial position in life above that of your parents. I pretty much default to assuming everyone's financial level in life is mostly inherited (if not directly, indirectly through the way they were raised and taught). Most rich people you meet were born rich. Some inherited it, and some just inherited the right life lessons and made it on their own. But the "rags to riches" thing is pretty insanely rare.
Strongly disagree. I'm far from rich, but last year I think my net income was probably +-150% of that of my most successful parent's current income (I have 4 parents, including step-parents).

It's called planning, smart work, and loving parents that helped me achieve what every parent says they want---a better life for my kid than I have.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote