View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #31 (permalink)
Haboob
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Looks like he had never driven the road before and was unfamiliar with that corner/rise. Really sucks. His lesson was much more expensive than mine when I was 17 with my '95 Trans Am.

It looks like his first "clue" was at about 0:15 when he got the car light after the rise and it took more than he expected with the wheel. He didn't figure it out, and his second clue was a busted front end and blow airbags. He's still alive, and he learned (I hope) a valuable lesson, and he will laugh about it sometime, I hope, while correctly hitting the curves.

Why all the college/kid jokes? Is his age given? He looks mid/early 20's to me. It very well could be his own vehicle that he makes the note on each month/owns, without all the mommy/daddy crap. For all you know, he saved up while he was in Afghanistan, stared at M3 pictures all the time he had to himself, and that was his "coming home" gift. Just a shame he didn't know how to drive it. Or he could have been like me, and buckled down in college. Or any number of things. He may even be some rich kid who has parents with more money than brains, but I would like to think maybe not.
Because he's a Scottsdale brat thinking he can drive the roads at South Mountain (25-35mph zone I believe, with hikers and bike riders) in Daddy's M3 (or one Daddy bought for him). It's how all the Scottsdale kids are out here. They think, just because they have the car it means they can drive, regardless if they know the road.
Haboob is offline   Reply With Quote