View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
Haboob
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshs09slvrZ View Post
Not sure what CA allows you to do...but here in FL we can take an online driving course (4 hours long). You have to pay like $30 for it on top of the price of the ticket...but it prevents points from being added to your license. The down side is you can only take it once within a 12 month period or 5 times in a lifetime.
Similar here in AZ. Price of the ticket + $20 and you can only take it for one violation once every two years.

You don't have to go to court or anything - our tickets come with phone numbers and a brochure of places to call.

Thankfully there's no lifetime limit, as I have taken the course at least 5 or 6 times (I like to span out my speeding tickets to about every two years if I get one it seems )

I also remember when the classes were eight hours long, man, that ruined a Sat. or Sun. Now they're either online or a four hour classroom session.
Haboob is offline   Reply With Quote