View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 06:02 PM   #68 (permalink)
kdo2milger
OG Priesthood

Drives: NISMO T
kdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
When I got my car, the dealership 'forgot' to oil the hinge and locking mechanism.

The issue I had was when it was really cold, Pressed it once, it half popped up, pressed it again and I heard metal on metal (clicking sound), pressed it third time it opened.

I took it to another Nissan service place and they lubed it up.

They were unaware of a Nissan TSB. They said to monitor it.

They said if the problem persists, they will adjust the height of the boot so it opens up first time. However he advised that there maybe sealing issues.....

Perhaps when Nissan USA issue an TSB, I can get mine resolved or worst case scenario, but the parts that Nissan USA use. It sucks, but Australia is such a small market that Nissan Australia wont give a damn.....

Seems like the 350Z's had the same issue too!
i may lube mine, i havent gone that route yet...

and ya, the 350z owners were having the same issue too, infact thats where i got the penny trick idea from...