View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 07:02 AM   #39 (permalink)
FireDan50
Track Member

Drives: '09 370Z PW M6
FireDan50 has a reputation beyond reputeFireDan50 has a reputation beyond reputeFireDan50 has a reputation beyond reputeFireDan50 has a reputation beyond reputeFireDan50 has a reputation beyond reputeFireDan50 has a reputation beyond reputeFireDan50 has a reputation beyond reputeFireDan50 has a reputation beyond reputeFireDan50 has a reputation beyond reputeFireDan50 has a reputation beyond reputeFireDan50 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just asking because I have no experience in this area, but why is strapping harnesses to the rear bar unsafe? I know something about the angles in relation to the shoulder points is an issue when mounting, but what makes our rear bar unsafe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper42 View Post
I sold the seat a long time ago, yet I did enjoy the harnesses, edconline now has my seat and harness.

Yes the seat DID hit the door, make a dent in the material, had the seat for a lil while and although it did dent the inner door it was not wearing on the seats leather or stichings whatsoever, it is a nice quality seat.

Note this was the ring GT seat so wider seat hence why it probably hit door, other thing tho is that the seat base is outsourced by STATUS to another company, I had called that owner up to bring up the issue about the seat base needing to be redesigned to bring the seat closer to center of car in order to not dent door but he LITERALLY told me to go **** myself and that im out of luck and didnt have time for my phone call...so thats that.

seat was fantastic, probably best quality you will possibly find out there in aftermarket racing seats, only a couple problems. My seat wasnt FIA approved and not many of their products are, I had harnesses strapped to rear stabalizer bar which was extremely unsafe, and it would have been another $1800 to get the passenger seat, so I decided to sell and wait till the car got built up more before racing seats.

Now I will most likely go with sparco this winter since they are cheaper and safety approved for the track racing i do.

But for the hard parked, weekend show car owner, i highly recomend these, quality of cf is best I have seen on ANY cf THING i have ever seen before, leather is great, ablility to custom stitch, color, materials, for all no extra charge is fantastic, and for a leather carbon fiber luxury seat you CAN NOT beat their pricing.
FireDan50 is offline   Reply With Quote