View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 01:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Japanjay
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z MB M6
Japanjay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicdust73 View Post
Japanjay - that is crazy that your car still has the oil consumption issue even after a full long block replacement! Good luck to you! Hope they figure out the problem. On my 2009, the scary part about it all is that their master tech rebuilt the engine with a new short block but then the engine wasn't running properly due to something that went wrong with the timing. (I may be mistaken here but it has something to do with timing I think). Basically the engine ran into a self inflicted problem and now both timing sprockets may need replacing despite the fact that one of them is only 1 month old! Definitely does not give me confidence should this problem pop up on a future Z.
It was a full long block one month prior to the TSB. So I think it was a long block from the old batch. I requested that since the block should have a different VIN stamped on that they pull the birth date of it if possible. Was curious as to how long the motor sat idle before being a new heart in my car. The master tech stated that is more than likely why it is again having this problem since it was pre TSB.
Japanjay is offline   Reply With Quote