View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
chrisz
Base Member

Drives: 12 pearl white 370?
chrisz is on a distinguished road
Default Rocker panels gouged on my brand new Z

So as I previously posted my buddy found my z parked on a car hauled in an unrelated business parking lot on Saturday. I went and checked it out and snapped a couple pics on my phone. It was delivered on Monday morning to the dealership and I picked it up last night. I told them not to clean it up to avoid the dealer installed swirl marks. After all the paperwork it was close to closing time, bad lighting in the dealership garage, and I was hungry. I didn't do as good a job inspecting the car as I should have. Around 10 pm washing the car in my garage I found large gouge marks on both of the rocker panels from the ratchets on the car hauler. When I saw the car on the hauler there was two blue gloves on the driver side and a blue towel on the passenger side acting as a buffer between the ratchet and the rocker panel. I took it back to the dealer first thing this morning to show them the damage and they were great. They are going to fix it with as little inconvenience to me as possible. When you blow up the pic from my previous thread you can see the blue gloves against the rocker panel. The dealership intends to have the trucking company reimburse them for the repair but that doesn't effect me. At work now, can attach pics of the actual damage later.
chrisz is offline   Reply With Quote