View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 03:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
370Z Purist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z-T BS M6
370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all

Now yes, I do realize this will be extremely loud, bordering on what most people will consider rice/fart can, but I'm curious as to how much of the VQ's raw sound I can extract before I go deaf or get a ticket.

I currently have the short tails, which are a wonderful set of pipes. I think my hearing has degraded recently, but it's a small price to pay for the raw VQ sound!

I'd gladly look for a system that essentially eliminates the factory Y pipe and midpipe for a more free flowing, straighter H pipe configuration. I will soon be installing an OBX Y pipe and some test pipes until this system is developed. Let me get one thing straight though, you are retaining the Y pipe and redesigning the midpipe? Or are you taking out the Y pipe and midpipe, then redesigning them as a single (or two piece) H pipe?

Maybe some 12-18 inch resonators on the midpipe (after the H joint, before the muffler) would eliminate most of the low-RPM drone. Or perhaps create a Helmholtz resonator.

"Since one of my brake light bulbs just went out, the forum told me that my piston rings are about to blow."

Last edited by 370Z Purist; 08-28-2012 at 03:16 AM.