View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #55 (permalink)
cosmicdust73
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370z Tour Sport
cosmicdust73 is on a distinguished road

Man that sounds like a nightmare! I think my situation is quickly approaching yours! The fact is that these short block engine rebuilds are apparently not very straight forward and are extremely labor intensive. The service department told me Nissan pays them for 15 hours of labor but it took over a week and a half to get the engine back together. Add on top of that the fact that the engine damaged itself when they tried to run it... meaning weeks more of labor to tear it down, fix the problem and build it back up again! Unbelievable!

I decided tonight to trade it in and swap it out for a 2013 370z Touring w/Sport in Gun Metallic. The new car was located and may arrive within a week or so. Just can't deal with the hassle anymore and I've been considering the 2013s anyways. I think driving an Altima loaner car for 4 weeks plus really pushed me over the edge! It's probably not the smartest investment considering that the oil consumption issue is apparently a very common problem on Z cars. What can I say... I still love this car!

Any word on whether or not the 2012 or 2013 models have finally addressed the issue? Does the stock oil cooler help in any way?

Last edited by cosmicdust73; 08-27-2012 at 08:07 PM.
cosmicdust73 is offline   Reply With Quote