View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
chknhawk
Track Member

Drives: Like a batouttahell!
chknhawk will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to chknhawk

So if you are bound and determined to do car pc...i agree in dash replacement. Like i said there are some really nice mod done out there. You might even be able to wait for the new ipad whick is supposed to be 7" but not really 16:9 format. It will be a little smaller than the normal ipad. If it is just music your concerned with...i have an aftermarket android stero that i just sit in the car and turn it on and i can control the music over bluetooth through the head unit. I have also been able to access my music though usb and control from head unit on a pioneer...hence the dock solution. Theres more than one way to skin a cat. Most aftermarkt stereos have an ipod cable so ipad would work well.....but you wouldnt have the diag functionality. There is a seperate diag box you can buy that is self contained and lets you read most everything on a simple lcd display. Lots of different ways you could go. Spend some time on youtube and you will have multiple ideas. My radio, btw is the ersin 2 din. It looks a little crazy but works pretty good. Plus you can remove the tablet separate and use independently. Neat toy.

Sent from XPARENT TAPATALK on my ATRIX 2!
2012 Base/Sport | 5% | Black emblems | touchscreen nav